As the application, territory and scope of projects continue to expand for GFRP rebar in infrastructures such as bridges, tunnels, electrical substations, light-rail transit structures, water treatment plants, parking garages and many more, it is vital for Pultrall to increase its presence in the East Coast of the United-States by providing industry-leading technical sales support.
• The main responsibility of the role is to generate new sales of V-ROD® rebar by promoting its features to infrastructure owners, design engineers, pre-casters, fabricators and contractors.
• Provide technical sales support for consultants, owners, contractors and rebar fabricators in the use of V-ROD® GFRP reinforcing in concrete structures.
• Establish a strong presence for Pultrall’s V-ROD® products within the Eastern region of the USA (meeting with engineers, DOTs, cities and municipalities), while supporting growth in the remainder of the USA.
• Monitor online databases in order to identify new potential projects.
• Monitor competition and provide input for tactical sales.
• Review quantity take-offs from rebar fabricators and work with teams at plants to provide quotations and follow up on project awards.
• Adept at providing tactical quotes based on market input and competition monitoring.
• Represent the product at conferences, trade shows and seminars.
• Work closely with Pultrall to become familiar with all technical processes, various grades of bar produced, accessories and specifications.
• Work together with project teams, consultants and owners in providing overview of applications, benefits and cost savings. Work with Pultrall’s support team of engineers for design assistance.
• Gain understanding of the various bar grades to help bring “added value” to customers by optimizing applications with best performance at most competitive cost.
• Able to respond to technical questions, specifications and code issues, as well as functional and technical elements of RFI’s/RFP’s – must have proven experience in dealing with clients at project meetings.
• Able to convey customer requirements to operation team.
The ideal candidate must be a self-motivated individual who preferably has experience in technical sales in construction, perhaps bridges or infrastructures, and is somewhat familiar with GFRP reinforcement. Other skills include:
• Experience in technical sales related to the construction industry
• Experience in structural design
• Strong communication and presentation abilities (both written and oral)
• Comfortable in a technical sales role, providing general knowledge and design details to consultants to build their confidence in specifying GFRP
• Degree in Civil Engineering, P. Eng. designation desirable
• Personable and able to negotiate costing with rebar fabricators and contractors (end-user customers)
• Proficient in using computers, software programs, monitoring databases and construction project leads
• Organized, analytical and creative in designing the best reinforcing solutions using V-ROD®
• Able to multi-task and have strong time management skills
• Able to read drawings and understand take-offs and estimating
• Willing and able to travel throughout North America (must maintain a valid passport and driver’s license)
• Experience and familiarity in using and designing structures with GFRP composite reinforcement is a plus, however training will be provided
Please forward a cover letter and resume detailing all qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org as per the contact information provided above. The incumbent will be based in the Greensborough area, Winston-Salem.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.